Two days ago, the Polish developer Techland released Dying Light 2 Update 1.8.1 on PC introduces a benchmarking tool and improves ray tracing effects. Here is a comprehensive list of technical upgrades and fixes for the Dying Light 2 update:
- Benchmarking mode has been implemented, allowing users to benchmark their PC’s performance in Dying Light 2
- The range of ray tracing effects has been extended by 20%.
- LOD Range Multiplier This feature is available in the advanced video menu, but watch out, survivor, it takes a huge toll on your performance!
- Rendering and lighting improvements
- The Low quality preset in Video Options no longer switches to DX12 mode and sets Intel XeSS as an upgrade device on computers with AMD cards.
- Players will no longer lose their money after accepting the best and reloading the game during the Twin Brothers mission
- Players will no longer get stuck sliding down the air vents
- The Don Quixote achievement will now be awarded after the player unlocks all windmills in the game
- Fixed an issue where game performance would drop after playing for more than an hour on some devices
- Fixed the infinite loading screen that occurred whenever the player logged out of the account immediately after logging in
- Fixed an issue where sounds would randomly disappear
- Fixed an issue where power feedback would be missing while playing on a gamepad
- [Xbox] Prologue Forest will not be too dark during the day
- Players can no longer skip the Perfect Block tutorial
- Fixed an issue with the Infected being too silent
- [PlayStation] Fixed a crash during a day in Harran and the Fame and Infamy challenge
- Fixed a crash while fast traveling between the city and the opera
- [RayTracing] Fixed player shadow missing in photo mode
- [RayTracing] Fixed issues with corrupt light sources
- Fixed the Baba Yaga challenge that could not be played
- Reduce the number of times a player gets infected
- The AI/Player will not shake after being caught by Peters
- Fixed a game crash after changing the resolution from 3840 x 2160 to 1920 x 1080
- Fix for the infinite loading screen when opening the title offline on EGS Launcher
- Optimized memory usage in d3d12 mode which improves game stability
- Exposed setting to extend the view for the highest level of detail engineering
- Fixed lack of player shadows in photo mode when using ray tracing
- Improved initial load time (up to 10 seconds on PS4)
- Minor improvements to texture flow
- Enhanced Tree Shadows (LOD)
- Improved quality of fog and water reflections
In terms of gameplay, Dying Light 2 Update 1.8.1 changes the behavior of zombies so that they become aggressive. Additionally, there is now a motion sickness reduction preset available in the Accessibility menu.
Dying Light 2 is one of the games due to NVIDIA DLSS 3 support. There is no time frame yet, but we will let you know as soon as the open world first person RPG is updated with the technology.
#Dying #Light #update #improves #ray #tracing #adds #benchmarking #tool