Updated 04/12/22. See update below.
Fortnite He became offline after an epic – albeit very long – live event that saw the Chapter 3 map destroyed and the new Chapter 4 map dismantled, courtesy of the mod.
The event itself was very cool. You’re in space, basically, with many small floating islands swirling around ground zero – that giant, glowing orb in the image above.
Your goal here was to collect energy orbs to channel energy to zero point so Paradigm can use it to power up its map building. To do this, you had to find orbs around the map and complete mini-games and challenges such as:
- Matching props around floating islands, like flamingos.
- Watch flashbacks to previous live events such as the missile and the Mech vs Monster battle.
- Run NPC quests like building a snowman, throwing a chicken at scratch etc.
As the form spreads out to more and more islands, new areas to explore become available, along with more places to find orbs.
I think I had 44 points by the end of the event. I recorded everything but the video is corrupt or I’m sharing it with you here. I am actually very frustrated about this!
As the latest cinematic wraps up, we’ve glimpsed some familiar faces — the same looks I wrote about in the leak before the event: Geralt Of Rivia, Mr. Beast, The Hulk, DOOM Guy, and what appears to be the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and characters from Toy Story.
The new map looks very nice! I’m excited to be back because I haven’t played much lately and I didn’t play much from Chapter 3 last year. Maybe this can breathe some new life into the game.
While scavenging for gadgets and whatnot wasn’t fun, it might have been more fun if we also had a massive co-op fight against The Herald first rather than just a cinematic. Oh, okay! I still enjoy.
The event ended with the following cinematics:
When will Fortnite come back online?
We don’t have an exact time right now, but according to Xbox’s in-game message, Chapter 4 begins on December 4th. This means that the first servers that can come back online will be midnight EST / 9pm PST. I think the servers are most likely to be up in the middle of the night, around 3am ET/midnight PT. In other words: the servers will be alive when you wake up tomorrow morning and download the new update.
Epic Games rarely announces the exact time the servers will be back online, and in the past they’ve made players wait days between seasons. That doesn’t seem to be the case here. If we get more solid times, I’ll update this post. If for some reason the game is no longer online tomorrow, I will update this post. Right now, your best bet is to either stay up late or—if you’re wise—get a good night’s sleep and jump in tomorrow morning.
Right now I can’t even log into Fortnite and it looks like I’m logged out of my Epic Game Store on my PC despite just playing the game! I’m getting login errors which I assume are related to the game update. Very strange. Anyway, more to come. . . .
Update: The servers are back online!
Fortnite: Battle Royale Gets back online after a long downtime. While the game was offline for half of the day yesterday and most of the night, this is still a short downtime compared to the end of Chapter One and the beginning of Chapter Two, when Fortnite He disappeared into a black hole and the servers didn’t fire up for days.
Epic Games may not want to take that risk a second time. Not being online for 12 or 15 hours adds to the hype and anticipation; Being offline for four days could drive players into the arms of another title.
Anyway, a lot is new in Fortnite Today we also have Chapter 4, Season 1 to explore. This includes:
- An all-new map with all-new points of interest to explore (plus some new ones).
- New Battle Pass with a bunch of new skins including The Witcher Geralt of Rivia and Doom Slayer from the death. Check out all of these skins here.
- In the next season, Epic Creative 2.0 will be released which allows Fortnite players to play with the power of Unreal Engine 5 to create. . . we will see! Undoubtedly great stuff! Creative should really come into its own next month when this launches.
- Motorcycles! finally! You can now drive on two wheels for the first time. To be honest, I can’t believe it took so long for Epic Games. Better late than never. . . .
- New weapons such as the Twin Mag SMG, Tactical Pistol, Thunder Shotgun, Maven Auto Shotgun and Red-Eye Assault Rifle. Also the shock hammer and a sabre-rifle combo called the Ex-Caliber Rifle (which is pretty Arthurian, I have to admit).
- Unrestricted weapons such as SCAR. The tactical AR will be back soon, too, this time with a Red-Dot Sight with an orange tint.
- Drone looting
- New spent slapp juice gives you faster stamina.
- New virtual skins
- New Victory Parachute.
and many more! I dive into the map today to get a better idea of what’s new in the game and I’ll collect it in a separate post later here on this blog. Stay tuned! We also all have Christmas celebrations to look forward to soon enough, so more changes are on the way.
What do you think of the new chapter and season so far? May I know Twitter or Facebook.
#Fortnite #online #Broken #live #event #server #downtime